- Companies and teams of any size are eligible to submit. Note: In line with our mission, greater weight will be given to emerging developers and companies when evaluating submissions.
- Student submissions are open to anyone who is at least 17 years old and is currently enrolled in school.
- Game submissions must have not been released to the public before January 1, 2016.
- Games submissions released as an Open Beta before January 1, 2016 are eligible to submit as long as the final release was not before January 1, 2016.
- Selected finalists grant TERMINUS the right to use stills and excerpts for promotional purposes.
- TERMINUS and related entities, as well as the members of the Jury judging submissions, are not liable for any future work created that is superficially similar in part or in full to the ideas contained in submitted documents.
- TERMINUS will work to resolve amicably any disputes.
- TERMINUS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this category in its sole and absolute discretion. Any and all submitters will be notified of any changes before changes are made.
Representations for all submissions
By submitting any and all materials to either the Games or Game Design Document categories, individual submitters are acknowledging that they are a fully authorized representative.
TERMINUS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend any and all of the categories in its sole and absolute discretion if they are technically corrupted, or are incapable of being run as planned. In such event, TERMINUS will post notice on-site at the Conference and Festival and on the website and will implement an alternate means for awarding all prizes if warranted.
If any part of these rules are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be deemed modified or eliminated to the extent necessary, in the court's opinion, to make it enforceable while preserving the original intent of TERMINUS and related entities.