If there are any questions, if anything below is unclear, we highly encourage emailing us before submitting through Film Freeway. It's your money, it's your work. It's okay to ask if you aren't sure (just be sure your question hasn't already been answered).
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2016
- TERMINUS 2017 is not accepting feature submissions at this time.
- Because they are already in consideration for TERMINUS 2017, Campus MovieFest films are ineligible for submission.
- Multiple submissions are permitted. Each submission must be accompanied by a separate entry and fee.
- Secure Online Screeners including Vimeo (preferred and the festival standard) and Youtube are accepted for preview screening. No other media will be accepted for preview.
- Submissions may be updated with a newer cut at anytime. However, TERMINUS cannot guarantee the judges will have time to re-watch films once they've been judged.
- A full refund will be granted for requests made within 72 hours of submitting to TERMINUS. No refunds will be honored once the 72 hour window has passed. This includes films that are removing themselves for consideration to preserve their premiere status, to meet the requirements of another film festival, or as requested by a distributor.
- Submissions that violate the rules & terms above may be disqualified from consideration at the discretion of TERMINUS programmers, and submission fees will not be refunded
ELFENWORKS AND SEEKER STORIES SUBMISSIONS
- The writer, director, and editor must be enrolled as students in college or university at time of submission.
- Movies must not exceed 5 minutes in length, including credits.
- Submissions must not contain any copyrighted material. This includes music, video, photography, and any original creative work not created by the filmmakers. Films that will be including, in whole or in part, the original creative work of their subjects, must obtain written permission before submitting.
- Movies must meet a TV-14 rating (www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.htm).
- Final submission deadline for Elfenworks and Seeker Stories is May 1, 2017. Campus MovieFest in conjunction with Elfenworks Foundation and Seeker reserve the right to extend this deadline for their respective categories, and will make any extensions known at www.campusmoviefest.com/elfenworks and www.campusmoviefest.com/Seeker.
- For the Elfenworks Social Justice category, areas of Social Justice Issues include, but or not limited to, Poverty, Homelessness, Discrimination (Racism, Sexism, Ageism, Hetrosexism), Criminal Justice Reform, Access to Health/Education, Environmental Rights, Gender, and Income & Wealth. Visit the Standford Center's 35 Key Issues in Poverty & Inequality for more areas and inspiration for ideas.
- Submissions that violate the rules & terms above may be disqualified from consideration at the discretion of the organizers.
FILMS SELECTED TO SCREEN AT TERMINUS
- Selected films grant TERMINUS the right to use stills and excerpts for promotional purposes.
- At the time of screening at TERMINUS, Filmmakers must hold the festival rights to all copyrighted music in their films.
- All selected films must be available for exhibition as a digital file. Films must be available for download (preferred) or shipped to the TERMINUS office on thumb/hard drives. Drives will be shipped post-festival to the address provided. BLU-RAY AND DVD WILL NOT BE SCREENED FOR EXHIBITION.